I only started writing this blog at the end of September this year, since then I have written thirty-seven posts on a variety of topics. Seeing as this is the last post of the year I thought it would be nice to look back at all those small articles I have posted so far. Also a lot of my lovely new followers won’t be aware of some of my earlier posts so this is a great time to rifle through the archives. I have chosen two posts from each of my categories – one that had the most likes and the one with the most views (not necessarily the same); they all have links so don’t be shy – go have a read!
- Birding with John – ‘Pulborough Brooks‘ had the most views and ‘a lengthy beginning‘ had the most likes
- Book reviews – there are only two of these (so far) so not much competition for one of them that had the most views and likes; ‘The Book of British Birds‘
- Fiction – the first short story that I posted had the most likes out of all of them; ‘The reality of dreams‘ and ‘A Cat’s Life‘ had the most views
- Wildlife Observations – a mixed bunch but ‘The Chiffchaff‘ had the most likes by some margin and it was a tie for the most views between my post on moths and ‘The Bald Ibis – Doomed?‘
- Books – Other – only a few in this category but my post showcasing some great cover artwork ‘Agatha Christie and Tom Adams‘ had both the most likes and views
Finally I am going to crown the post that I think I enjoyed writing the most (rhyming not intended) this is rather telling for a writer when you really loved writing something as it shows that it just ticked all the boxes for what you like and are passionate about. So I choose my short story ‘Claimed by the Wild‘. See you in the New Year!